Access to work taxi and motibility car — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Access to work taxi and motibility car

charm
charm Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2018 in Transport and travel
I have an adapted motibility car which I currently use for work (I have Spina Bifida), but my employer is moving office premises and I don’t want to drive to the new location as it’s further from my home. I am thinking about applying for support from access to work. Would I need to give up my motibility car? I’ve tried without success to phone DWP, their ATW helpline is rings a dozen or so times, then goes dead.

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Not sure, why don't you go into your local jobcentre and ask? My advisor has mentioned this scheme so I take it that they might know, or not? Otherwise someone else will be able to help
  • charm
    charm Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I will pop into the Jobcentre when I next get a day off, just thought someone on the forum might know. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    You won't have to give your mobility car up but having a mobility car may go against you for funding for a taxi from ATW.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.