Payments from dla to pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Payments from dla to pip

chiz
chiz Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
Hi
So i was lucky with successful migration from dla to pip
But can anyone help with the  payment process?
My letter explains my dla will end 11th november and my pip will  begin on the 12th november and the 1st payment will be in the bank december 12th as its paid in arrears ...
My dla was due 29th oct which i received the 4 weeks ...
What happens with the 10 days they owe me from 29th oct to 11th nov as im now under the impression my next payment date is dec .
I know im lucky to receive an award but its 6 weeks now til i get paid again and my dla was normal payment amount xxx
Thankyou everyone for your continued support x
Ellen x  

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Not sure, but to find out and phone the DWP who will have all your details and be able to give you the correct information as regarding your payment amounts and dates.
  • Dazz66
    Dazz66 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Hi Chiz , the same transition I went through not long back . I had an ' end date for my DLA whilst I was awaiting my pip result and thought my DLA would end but it doesn't work like that.  Your DLA continues regardless of any end date until you get your pip result ( good luck btw ) . Once you have either been awarded pip ( or not ) you are given a start date for your pip.  You will then be paid up to the start date of your pip your DLA . This will be the last DLA payment at your usual rate. Then your first pip payment will be 28 days after that last payment and then every 4 weeks there after ....Hope I've made sense ...

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.