45 minutes late and counting — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

45 minutes late and counting

Firefly123
Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Well the assessor has not arrived yet making my son go into panic mode just want it over with 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh no :( Im sorry to hear that. Have you tried calling?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Firefly123
    Yes they said their systems are down and as its an hour and a half late then they are probably not coming am I sure I did not hear the door but yes im sure and I've missed my slot to call in a day or two when their systems should be up again. Like that helps us in anyway 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    How frustrating!!!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes they said their systems are down and as its an hour and a half late then they are probably not coming am I sure I did not hear the door but yes im sure and I've missed my slot to call in a day or two when their systems should be up again. Like that helps us in anyway 
    You need to ring PIP and tell them what's happened. It's been known in the past the no one has turned up for a home assessment and the file has been returned to DWP stating that no one was at home when the HCP arrived. Tell DWP the time that the assessment should have been and that you waited but no one came. Explain that you rang the assessment providers who told you their systems are down and you weren't contacted to cancel the appointment.

Do this today before they close at 6. This way you're covered just incase they send the file back to DWP. If they do this then there's a chance to claim could be refused. Good luck!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Firefly123
    Thank you @poppy123456 I'm on hold now
    Yes @Sam_Scope very frustrating and the fact I had to pay for two carers to take my other two out for 2 hours 
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    Hi @Firefly123 that is not good ,please let us know if they do surface 
  • Firefly123
    The pip helpline said call them back tomorrow and I'm within my rights to lodge a complaint but at least they know we were waiting 
  • PTSDdisabled
    PTSDdisabled Posts: 41 Connected
    I recently went to an assessment and turned up on time, was kept waiting for an hour! I told them I would have to leave as I was agitated and my PTSD triggered! 

I had the assessment but sent in a complaint the same day, the reception staff were next to useless as well!
  • topshoes
    @Firefly123 yes and so you should complaint to its not right the way they treat people its so wrong .
  • topshoes
    @PTSDdisabled did you hear any thing about the complaint you put in  
  • Firefly123
    @PTSDdisabled that is  not good at all I hope it went OK in the end.
    @topshoes yes it is my sons been so stressed for days got no sleep at all last night and was in such a state the longer we were waiting will take him days to recover 
  • topshoes
    @Firefly123 yes i can fully understand the stress he went through not good at all,  its not that they dont think they just dont care 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018

Do this today before they close at 6. This way you're covered just incase they send the file back to DWP. If they do this then there's a chance to claim could be refused. Good luck!
    Which is what the more dishonest in society may well do if they went out for 15 minutes for a packet of cigs at the corner shop and in that time the assessor had turned up but could not get a reply.
    Swearing black is blue that no one knocked at the door and that you had been sitting in the house all of the time.
  • PTSDdisabled
    topshoes said:
    @PTSDdisabled did you hear any thing about the complaint you put in  
    They have actually acknowledged it, but no answer to complaint yet.
  • PTSDdisabled
    Firefly123,

I had the assessment on 23rd October and have not been able to get out of bed. Haven’t left the house since! 

I hope one your son recovers soon.
  • Firefly123
    Yadnad said:

Which is what the more dishonest in society may well do if they went out for 15 minutes for a packet of cigs at the corner shop and in that time the assessor had turned up but could not get a reply.
    Swearing black is blue that no one knocked at the door and that you had been sitting in the house all of the time.
    What you talking about we were sitting at home who goes to the shop when waiting for an assessment 
  • Firefly123
    @PTSDdisabled I hope you feel a bit better soon @topshoes I'm sure they do know how badly it affects people will see what excuse I get tomorrow 
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    @yadnad; Did you mean to sound like you were accusing the OP of lying?  @Firefly123; They have treated you appallingly.  I hope you do follow through with a complaint.  You must let them know exactly how this has affected your son.  I really hope you can get some sleep tonight.  
  • PTSDdisabled
    @Firefly123

Thank you, this is very distressing I missed a gathering of people whom I don’t see for about three months as a result of being so low.

I hope your situation is sorted out soon.
  • Firefly123
     @PTSDdisabled He's lost touch with all his friends over time they just don't understand
    @Tardis yes I will be telling them as it's really not good enough 
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.