If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Tribunal decision

marilynjanemarilynjane Posts: 10Member Listener
Today I went to a Tribunal and they overturned the DWP decision not to award me pips. The Tribunal gave enhanced care award they did not put how long a period I would receive the award, stating (it is inappropriate to fix a term) can anyone tell me what this means??
I think it is disgusting what the Government, ruling classes, daily mail and sun rnewspaper readers are making people go through to get these entitlements.. I had 2 face to face assessments, a mandatory request and the Tribunal all of it nerve wrecking. I am shattered and very depressed by it all!

Replies

• CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Posts: 5,250Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Congrats on winning your tribunal

The length of your award will usually be determined by the DWP and will be on the decision letter when you receive it. The DWP also usually review an award a year before the end date
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Posts: 3,492Member - under moderation Disability Gamechanger
    Good to see you back @CockneyRebel however DWP do not set PIP award lengths post tribunal. The lack of an end date means it’s an ongoing award I.e, minimum of 10 years albeit it can be reviewed at any time.
  • MatildaMatilda Posts: 2,616Member Disability Gamechanger
    @marilynjane

My tribunal decision said the same as yours.  DWP award letter said my award has no end date - but they would contact me after 10 years.  Your DWP award letter probably will say the same.
Sign in or join us to comment.