UC and LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC and LCWRA

Fibleepy
Fibleepy Community member Posts: 35 Connected
I migrated from JSA to UC in June. I submitted my first fit note (valid for 3 months) in March and another (valid for 3 months) in June.
I had a WCA in August and was awarded LCWRA in September. 
Should I receive first my LCWRA from 13 weeks after submitting the March fit note or 13 weeks after submitting the June fit note....or later than this?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    You didn't apply for UC until June, so the March fit note doesn't apply here. LCWRA will be payable on month 4 from your June fit note.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Fibleepy
    I wasn't sure if JSA is classed as a legacy benefit and therefore the 13 week wait would start from March. So, if the 13 weeks starts from my June fit note then my first LCWRA payment should have been in October?

• poppy123456
    JSA is a legacy benefit but UC isn't. JSA is a totally different benefit. The waiting period on UC is 3 months not 13 weeks like ESA is. LCWRA is therefore paid on month 4 of your UC claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Fibleepy
    UC are telling me they will not be making my first LCWRA payment until December because they say the 3 month wait begins from when LCWRA was awarded (September). So they are definitely wrong?? My UC payment date is the 12th of each month so should they have paid my first LCWRA payment on 12th October (LCWRA was awarded on 13th September)?
  • poppy123456
    It's from when you gave your first fit note after you applied for UC and NOT when you were claiming the JSA. DWP are not correct.

This was taken from this link.
    There is a three month waiting period which will begin when you provide evidence of having limited capability for work.

Scroll down to waiting period.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.