If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

NHS Wheelchair Service

Hi, I am a wheelchair user and I work for a company called AJM Healthcare which is contracted by the NHS to provide wheelchairs and other mobility equipment through the Wheelchair Service in various parts of the country. If you are living in the London boroughs of Redbridge, Havering or Barking and Dagenham, I would very much like to hear from you about the service you have been receiving. Thank you. Best regards, Rudi

Replies

• diyjoediyjoe Posts: 4Member Listener
    Hi Rudi 

I am not qualified to comment as I live outside the areas stipulated, I live near Ashford in Kent, the boroughs you mention are in striking distance.  Have any of your depots got the facility to give basic training in manual wheelchair skills like curb climbing,  If you have, is the training restricted to those people you supply chairs to.
    Regards
    Eric
  • rudewellrudewell Posts: 2Member Listener
    Hi Eric

Thank you for your enquiry.

Unfortunately, the company does not provide training in wheelchair skills but  perhaps this is something they might consider in future.

One place where wheelchair skills training is available is the BackUp trust, based in south London. Here is a link for them: www.backuptrust.org.uk. I hope they can help.

Best regards

Rudi
Sign in or join us to comment.