Can my wife claim mobility allowance? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can my wife claim mobility allowance?

itsadoddle
itsadoddle Community member Posts: 3 Listener
my wife and i are 76 and 75,we both have mobility problems and both receive attendance allowance at the higher rate,we are also are registered carers for each other, but receive  no payment.My wife broke her ankle in 2014 and has a large plate and screws fitted inside her left leg for life,lately her mobility has took a big reduction and she uses her rollator more often to get about. My question is can she claim mobility allowance?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Hello @itsadoddle Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  In answer to your question. Understand benefits are complex and confusing. To help you.

Please have a look at our on line benefit checker .  This will give you some idea of what you are entitled to.

You can also find out more information about benefits on our website.

I have also added the number of AGE UK . They have an informative, website and may be also interested in assisting you with anything you may need.

As you are both in your Seventies you will probably qualify with lots of the aspects of help and support they provide.

Something to consider.

The helpline is 0800 055 6112. .

We are a supportive, friendly community. Care and share.

Please ask if we can advise some one will know.

One final point speak to CAB as well for anything like benefits plus anything else they can and might advise you on. Have a knowledge of benefits and expertise in forms filling in plus additional information to yourselves.  You might need.

Pleasure to meet you

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • itsadoddle
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Unfortunately there's no mobility part to AA and you can't claim PIP because you're both over the age of 65.

I see that you're claiming carers allowance for looking after each other but you have an underlying entitlement to this. Are you both claiming pension credit?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • itsadoddle
    Hi Poppy
    no we are ineligible,thank you for your reply

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.