If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Can anyone help with my daughter's work?

SystemSystem Posts: 319 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: In desperate need of friends and help.

Replies

• lanielanie Posts: 2Member Listener
    Can anyone help .my daughter started a job with n h s on interview it was explained it was a 3 day vol work on wards.2 days at learning class to get her maths start sept.she started sept on a ward were she had volteered before.every week she turn upbut was told to leave early as no work after1 pm.nothing else was offered no maths just 1 half day vol work.the lady we meet at interview. Was on hol the other lady for maths was on honey moon.my daughter as ataxia and other workers on ward kept saying you cant do this or that .today l recivied a call saying they cant let her do vol work at the hospital anymore l ask why they said she had said at work she felt tired or unwell a lot and they cant have her on a ward when shed tired or unwell as its not safe for her or patients.my daughter was out shopping with me and was fine.she said yes l had told people l feel tired been only a couple of timesand she told them she is waiting for op on her knee thats all.she had been told on the ward a new person was starting who is not disabled.my daughter is really cut up crying etc she gave up a coll place to do this so called training.now she as nothing all seems wrong to me what can l do.who can help me.
  • MarkmywordsMarkmywords Posts: 387Member Chatterbox
    It sounds as though she is being singled-out for discrimination @lanie .
    Believe it or not, the public sector is just as likely to do that as the private sector is.
    If she is being treated badly then she is better off being shot of the place. Staying will just demoralise her.
    Be on the lookout for something else.
  • justg72justg72 Posts: 150Member Chatterbox
    Hi Lanie
    Its so unfair how your daughter has been treat, however people say they do not discriminate but I know they do. I have epilepsy and I have tried getting a job but cant. You can get better support where employers do not discriminate against your illness/disability. Remploy and business disability employment agencies can help your daughter. As well many local councils are happy to employ people who are disabled or ill. You can also get grants to help assist you getting back to work. Some will pay your taxi fares its called access to work. I think it would benefit your daughter if she got some advise on this and theres always the job centre. Tell your daughter that she is worth more than the job she was doing and I hope she gets something soon. Good Luck  
  • justg72justg72 Posts: 150Member Chatterbox
    Hi Lanie
    I forgot to say the reason why I am not working now is because of my epilepsy and the dr says I am unfit.
Sign in or join us to comment.