If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP appeal

19sarahjane9019sarahjane90 Posts: 3Member Listener
edited November 12 in PIP, DLA and AA
hi i wanted so advice/help about my appral . I have fibromyalgia , depressiong and very bad anxiety. I was advised to apply for PIP last year after my diagnosis although its been going on for years. I applied december 2017 and from day 1 its been a problem, eventually i got my assessment date in the Feb/march and it all went down hill, the assessor didnt type much whilst i was there and was asking questions mainly about my dyslexia but i wasnt applyinh for that. She put things in the paperwork that didnt happen such as taking my coat off etc that’s all a long story! Finally ali got refused it so i appealed and within a week they sent a letter saying they looked at it agaib and wouldnt award me it even though they said i had like a month to send in information doctors note etc so ive appealed against that and have to go to a tribunal which was suppose to be yesterday but i got a phone call to say it was ajured as they’d wanted to get my medical records etc this has really kncoked me back it took me a long time to decide to actually go to the hearing i didnt sleep for nights on the run up worried and just generally anxious. Im worried its going to take a long time and that theyll be put off awarding me it more so due to the length of time its took.

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.