DWP has not acknowledged my appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP has not acknowledged my appeal

anonymous25
anonymous25 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was searching on the internet to see if anyone else has experienced what Im currently going through with appealing Dwp decision to stopping my PIP completely. In June 2018 I submitted an appeal to Tribunal and till this day off me posting this, DWP has not responded or acknowledged my appeal with Tribunal. I contacted DWP by phone and they apologised for not responding at all and said that they will send the pack with there defence in 2 weeks. 4 weeks have gone and still have not received pack containing DWP defence. yesterday I received a letter from Tribunal and they have stated that they are going to proceed with an oral hearing rather than paper hearing due to no response received. Im worried i will not get my PIP at all even if i win tribunal. Has anyone else out there been treated this way? can anyone advise? 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @anonymous25 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened, however many members have experienced the tribunal process and I'm sure they will be happy to get in touch with you to offer advice.

Do let us know if we can be of any further assistance :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @anonymous25, and a warm welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear this, what a frustrating situation! I'm unsure of how it would be best to proceed myself, but hopefully some of our experienced members will be in touch soon and able to advise. 
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    This happened to me the DWP continually failed to send evidence and the case went ahead and i won.
    you don't want to keep chasing them let the courts do their thing it will go against the DWP if they fail to respond it will make a good outcome for you more likely
  • Mikey44
    Mikey44 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Markyboy I won my Tribunal 5 weeks ago and have heard nothing??!!! I called them and they have said they haven’t received the Paperwork from the Tribunal yet??!! Is this a common thing?? I’ve been without anything for over a year now ??? What’s your advice ??
  • markyboy
    You need to contact the court and tell the what they said as things can get lost at the DWP 
    They usually pay up within 6 weeks of the decision
  • Mikey44
    Mikey44 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Thank you sir for your help ????
  • markyboy
    That's ok  The day that you received the decision from the court they would of had a copy but  with the delays the DWP are experiencing at present i would not be surprised if the letter is still processing thro their postal system and not been looked at yet 
    Be patient think of the back pay
  • pjp
    pjp Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    I went to tribunal. I won. But weird thing was I got pip before the hearing so I went just to change the group I was placed in .that's still ongoing. All I can say is email pip DWP directly, follow thetofficial complaints procedure thent forward all letters of complaint to ICE. Get all supporting letters you can, if you haven't had the pip meeting yet have an independent witnesses attend, seek legal help to take DWP court go for the new head of DWP evil by name. Criminal negligence and  negligence in public service  is what I went with and took the later to the police to file the charge. I now get higher rate pip.
  • pjp
    pjp Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    If you not getting the bundle go through CaB or the charity/help group that represents you. For me it's Headway. They were fantastic.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger

you can aid things by providing a copy of your claim pack; the HCP report and all DWP decisions in relation to the issue. 
    I attempted to get hold of my DLA file in late 2015 (DLA ceased in 2013 following the transfer to PIP) as the DWP had for the previous 2 years failed to use the information in it to aid the PIP applications.
    I was informed, eventually, that the file no longer existed.

So unless you have copies of everything at home including all of the DLA history you are unlikely to get any joy from the DWP in them sending a copy.
  • Yadnad
    What you were informed was likely incorrect as is your assertion once again about what other people are likely to experience. I’ve done an appeal this week which included a DLA claim pack from 1992. Pretty routine stuff. Instead of believing what DWP tell you maybe investigate further via a subject access request
    Did the DWP send you that DLA file recently?

What has happened to the Civil Service if it is accepted practice that what they say may well be a load of rubbish?
  • Yadnad
    Appeal bundle received sometime in the past 12 months.

DWP is not the civil service and they’ve been at least this bad for the duration of my career.
    I'm sorry Mike but the DWP is a part of the Civil Service.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/recruitment

From my experience of the DWP which goes back to 1995, I found them to be timely, efficient and correct in all of my dealings with them. Even the Pension Service were originally efficient.

I do accept that things have deteriorated since which is mainly due to the loss of staff and having outside agencies run the telephone system.

I eventually retired in 2009 and to be completely frank my department attempted to excel at everything including giving out factually correct answers.

In addition a system was put in place where the public were asked to comment on how their problem was resolved and how well they were treated.

• Yadnad
    DWP have never since 1948 in their many guises ecceeeded 67% accuracy in decision making. They eventually stopped publishing the statistics. Your assertion re the Pension Service is surely just a joke. The largest group of underckaimets in the UK remains pensioners and it’s only since the creation of the Pension Service that we’ve had the unique scenario of people being paid pensions late. 
    All I can repeat is that I had good service from the Pension Service, beit for my State Pension or Pension Credit in the 2009 to 2015 period. The only mistake they made was to treat one of my private pensions as payable weekly instead of monthly.
    From about 2015 I haven't had any reason to communicate with them so cannot confirm or deny if anything has changed. However I have heard from others that recently trying to get through to them has been difficult.

Again as regards the DWP in general, my only contact with them started in 1995 - IIDB and ESA in particular for which things went quite smoothly.

I will admit that I had professional assistance at that time from Welfare Rights that were attached to the local authority via my involvement with the Mental Health Community Team and having a nominated Social Worker. They did everything for me including correspondence etc. However that stopped in about 2002 when things were supposed to be dealt with within the Care in the Community programme that was rolled out which never happened in my case - I seemed to have been lost in the ether.

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Username_removed

Think you are flogging the proverbial "dead horse", with respect to @Yadnab.

Have you got a link for your post, about Wrexham AFC?  I love my radio coverage of football. If that makes sense.
  • atlas46
    Hi

I was simply seeking an example of the enhanced speech, for less sighted people.

Just so I could listen to a commentary of a match. There is no link on the BBC as you posted.

I refer you to my first and only post on this site!

Come on England.
  • atlas46
    Hi

Sorry to be a pain, but I am looking for a link to ADC, so I can judge for myself.

Is there a broadcast edition, that you could kindly provide?

It's sounds great, would just like to hear sample of commentary.
  • Yadnad
    So, as ever, your big sweeping assertions of things like the PS originally being efficient are based on nothing but your own limited experience and it’s very limited at that. Utterly bizarre.
    That's all most people can reference things by - their own experiences. 
  • atlas46
    Hi

Just asking for simple link.

Many thanks.
  • odonnell75
    odonnell75 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    markyboy said:
    This happened to me the DWP continually failed to send evidence and the case went ahead and i won.
    you don't want to keep chasing them let the courts do their thing it will go against the DWP if they fail to respond it will make a good outcome for you more likely
     The dwp. Gone over. To. 28days so. Trubuial.  Sent to legal officer. So waiting. To see what's will happen. Next 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.