deafness and call centers — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

deafness and call centers

Options
sarah_eldo
sarah_eldo Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all, i am new to the community. I am partically deaf, completely in one ear partially in the other. BT are refusing to cancel my tv and broadband package with online chat and email. I have explained that i am dead but they still refuse. I feel like this is discrimination. Have others encountered this? What should i do? 

Comments

• topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hi @sarah-eldo a warm welcome , i am sorry your having problems , yes i had probs  to with them and i had them for years , is there no one else who  can phone up for you  but you be there with them , i think you have to give them a month notice , you could write to them and keep cope of the letter you sent , hope this helps. 
  • sarah_eldo
    sarah_eldo Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi there, thanks so much. I have written to them. I have now emailed as well. I have used the online chat multiple times. I can get someone to call for me but it frustrates me that I have too!!! It is hard to believe that I still have to do this. I really appreciate the support. It is a comfort to know I am not alone. 
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited November 2018
    Options
    that is fine @sarah-eldo when who you get to phone them, they will ask for your permission for them to talk to her /him , if i can be of any help please  let me know , x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.