If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Struggling to let her go

SystemSystem Posts: 280 Scope community team
edited November 14 in Parents and carers
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is rachaeljennings!.

Replies

• rachaeljenningsrachaeljennings Posts: 3Member Listener
    Hi i am struggling with letting go. My daughter uses a wherlchair and wants to move out to be with her boyfriend whom treats her terribly
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 4,873Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @rachaeljennings, thanks for sharing this with us. It sounds like a big change in your family and I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling.

Given the circumstances, I wonder whether it would be most helpful to talk to an expert advisor in this area? Family Lives are an organisation with some great online advice, and also a helpline team which may be worth contacting: 
    Call our free and confidential helpline for support
    Family Lives offers a confidential and free* helpline service for families in England and Wales (previously known as Parentline). Please call us on 0808 800 2222 for emotional support, information, advice and guidance on any aspect of parenting and family life.

Our helpline service is open 9am – 9pm, Monday to Friday and 10am – 3pm Saturday and Sunday.  For callers from Scotland, Children 1st run Parentline Scotland and you may wish to contact them on 08000 28 22 33 Monday to Friday from 9am - 9pm. 
    However, please do keep in touch with us and we'll advise where we can.
Sign in or join us to comment.