If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Oldham Disabled People & Elderly Support Group

disabledkenny1disabledkenny1 Posts: 42Member Connected
Hi I set up Oldham Disabled People & Elderly Support Group in June this year & we only have a few members & we are looking for a secretary so that we can become a legal constitutioned group as we have 2 committee members myself as Chairman & a lady who is treasurer, we meet every first Wednesday of every month from 12.30 - 2 pm at St Herberts Court, Wellington St, Chadderton, OL9 0JD.

I run this group on Facebook & meet once a month with members, our aims & objectives are: 
Help & Support Physically, Sensory Impairment, Mental Health & Over 50’s Problems in Oldham Borough.

To help with Medical Conditions
Information &  Advice on Social Service Assessments for Care packages
Information &  Advice on Social Services Occupational Therapy Assessment to stay in homes to live an independent life
Help & give information to people with regards benefits, allowances & pensions

To provide information about medical conditions
help to find a proper diagnosis of any type of disability 

To help people get help & give information for Social Service Assessments for a care package, explain how to go about the assessment process & who to contact.

To provide advice & support for a home assessment to keep an independent life.

To help & give information people through the benefits, allowances & pensions process, to give advice & give the right contact details.

We welcome anyone who has disabilities & people over the age of 50, family, friends & carers.
If you or your members can help with the running of this group I would be extremely grateful.

You can contact me here or the groups Facebook page or email on [removed by moderator] Kenny Fletcher - Chairman.

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.