ESA Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Assessment

Dazz66
Dazz66 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
Hi, here we go again! I have had enough this year with stress of assessments like many others  My question is I had a face to face PIP assessment stopped at the assessment centre after 5 mins as it was so traumatic with my Anxiety and panic disorder     Eventually after 4 weeks of waiting I finally got a home assessment  Now fast forward 5 months I just received my appointment letter for my ESA assessment  .. I put all this info what happened during the pip ordeal and its fell obviously on deaf ears,. I'm really worried that if it happened again I'd get my payments stopped as I've heard a similar story  I've rang the medical helpline asking if the assesor will be patient if I need a break , should I have asked for or why or even if they considered a home visit again ? Thanks for any information 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, I am not sure if you can have an ESA acessment at home or not, PIP yes but I am sure somebody will enlighten us both on this issue. It is very upsetting not getting the help and support from the DWP. Have you thought about contacting your MP ? 
  • Dazz66
    Hi Wilko, and thanks for your input,,, I think until the dwp merge both benefits into one assement the stress and anxiety will carry on, I've just gone over " About your face to face assessment " booklet and as you said there's nothing about a home visit,, I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that when I rang the medical centre they've made a note about my concerns, regarding our local mp I think they all " get in the same car ", I could have said something different there, I'll keep the thread up to date, it's 2 weeks tomorrow my assessment,, you try and say to yourself don't think about it but it's easier said than done . Thanks again 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Between you & me @Dazz66 they already know of your PIP & ESA even thought they say the benefits are different.. They just like reviewing people over & over again I think it's in the hope people give up.. 

As you can see below they have been cross processing the to benefits since 2014 & possibly before.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Dazz66
    Thank you for this info, it makes for very interesting reading does that screenshot,. My last medical assessment was over 8 years ago, I get I'm overdue and I don't mind it as I've nothing to hide,, but I don't get it that they say ESA/Pip are a different thing all together.. I don't get my ESA for anything different than my pip,   same illness,, same medication, same everything,,  I still  question how they say being awarded pip doesn't open up your ESA,,,  I don't believe in coincidence... 
    @Dazz66 your welcome... Believe me the DWP will tell you anything as I & we No they bend the truth to suite that's for sure. Learn there guidance for the benefit (s) and don't be afraid to quote them if necassery. That's how I get left alone.

yes to a certain degree PIP & ESA are similar I've used evidence from one for the other. I've only had Paper Nased assessments fo ESA & PIP I even had me DLA done Paper Based.

I bombarded them with so much evidence and use of words & it's always paid  off for me. My PIP which was PB also and know need for further reviews necessary.

ESA SG just been renewed again PB..  

The only part I may stumble when UC migration starts.. Hence why I'm campaigning to get it scrapped before it's too late.

⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• Dazz66
    Just out of interest @Government_needs_reform. My last medical was The Incapacity Benefit.  Thinking back you know it's not 8 yrs since I had that it's over 10!!! I remember it well because he was a Dr,,,, a locum too, he even though I was then a bag of nerves with my Anxiety in overdrive he pretty much said " don't worry about your results ", I was in with him less than 10 minutes , my question is are they now using Capita / Atos ? Or are they Gps do you know?,, I remember my medicines I took in the old Round Quality st sweet tin,, its not funny I know but when he took the lid off I had to bite hard on my lips to stop any emotion, he said " ooh, good gracious",,  I think my meds said it all . So if my maths is correct,, is it a 10 Yr thing? See I can't recall what it was then in those Incap days, I don't recall eg Support GP or Work Related? 
    edited November 2018
    Dazz66 said:
    Just out of interest @Government_needs_reform. My last medical was The Incapacity Benefit.  Thinking back you know it's not 8 yrs since I had that it's over 10!!! I remember it well because he was a Dr,,,, a locum too, he even though I was then a bag of nerves with my Anxiety in overdrive he pretty much said " don't worry about your results ", I was in with him less than 10 minutes , my question is are they now using Capita / Atos ? Or are they Gps do you know?,, I remember my medicines I took in the old Round Quality st sweet tin,, its not funny I know but when he took the lid off I had to bite hard on my lips to stop any emotion, he said " ooh, good gracious",,  I think my meds said it all . So if my maths is correct,, is it a 10 Yr thing? See I can't recall what it was then in those Incap days, I don't recall eg Support GP or Work Related? 

@Dazz66 I hope this helps.

Back in the day under PCA ie incapacity benefit they where Drs, but now for ESA assessments are all done by Maximus and they are up and down the country, they only use Nurses, physios, midwifes too. 

As for PIP they use company's called IAS which was ATOS. Then there's Capita and both company's only use HCPs like above for ESA.

When it was all done in house by the DWP they used mostly DRs and you got a fair result as they understood better.
    ⬇️

• Dazz66
    Something has gotta change in this nightmare,,  why they can't take your own GPS word is beyond me, its so many cooks in one kitchen, we know what that causes when you want "poached eggs", you get Scrambled 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.