ESA LETTER concerning my wife who passed away last year . — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA LETTER concerning my wife who passed away last year .

belgiumbun
belgiumbun Community member Posts: 12 Listener
I have received  a letter as next of kin with regards to the underpayments of ESA during the migration period from INCAPB . The letter starts by apologising for any distress caused and goes on to say they need to see if my wife was entitled to the premiums presumably the ones she was not considered  for when moving from contrib INCAPB to Contrib ESA as i remember they were more interested in setting ATOS on her during the migration in 2013 for her . 

I would like to  hear from anyone else who is in a similar position has received the letter i talk of ? It also states that they will call me next week does anyone know what to expect from that is the conversation rhetoric informal for example or the opposite ? At the time of migration she had roughly 10k in savings this was not an issue for contribution ESA also she was in the support group am i right in saying that 10k would mean that for means assessment for INCOME Esa she would have £1 deducted for every £500 over £6000 in saving total being £8.00 is that the correct formula ? 

Any help greatly appreciated my mind is very ill at  present it being the anniversary of my wife passing on it is causing me great distress .

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Savings of £6,000 and over are affected £1 for every £250 over that amount, not the figures you posted above.

Other household income, such as a partner working and pensions will also affect any Income related top up they may have been entitled to at the time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • belgiumbun
    Thanx Poppy123456 thats a great help and one step forward  :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi@belgiumbun

I have found you some info on your esa question.

https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/eligibility

Please please let me know if you need any further help????
  • belgiumbun
    Thanks Steve51 for taking the time much appreciated .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    The only way to know is to fill out the form and send it back. As it's a means tested benefit you'll need to put your details on the form as well. DWP will write to you once a decision is made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.