If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

interested to talk to anyone who has a child with audio process

TLC11TLC11 Posts: 13Member Listener
Hi my name is Tanya. I have 3 children 
My middle child Georgia was diagnosed with Narcolespy and cataplexy at the age of 8. My son has learning difficulties what they are i dont know really don't know what to say feel abit lost with him to be honest.. the doctor we see was only intrested in his ehcp which is very detailed i was not given time to talk about my worries at home. I was told he had audio process delay was not allowed to call it a disorder as it would be giving him a label ( don't think they get it when all you want is to help your child.) I would be interested to talk to anyone who has a child with audio process so i can find out if things he struggles with are all linked or if i need to keep pushing forward.

Replies

• thespicemanthespiceman Posts: 3,194Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    Hello @TLC11 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry to hear about your children.

You have come to the right place for support, advice and information.

There will be members of our community who can identify what you are going through. Be happy to be in touch.

Please have a look under our Talk about Specific conditions. Where there are a lot of community members sharing there stories.  Learning Difficulties   Which I hope will be useful for you.

Also have a look under Parents and Carers.  For further posts and stories from our community members which may be of interest to you.

Please ask the community anything some one will know.

We are a friendly, supportive community. Care and share.

Hope that helps.

Please take care

@thespiceman
  • TLC11TLC11 Posts: 13Member Listener
    Many thanks its lovely to feel welcome i am going to head there now.
    Kind regards 

• Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 6,791Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @TLC11
    We have a few videos about coming to terms with a child's diagnosis that might help?

Scope
    Senior online community officer
Sign in or join us to comment.