Feeling so unhappy — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling so unhappy

davedj44
davedj44 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
I have already posted about this. I was awarded 0points after having been on enhanced rate. My pip was stopped 12th June 2018, as I expected the delay tactics aka mandatory reconsideration was disallowed meaning my actual appeal was only logged on the 27th of July 2018. I have been putting off phoning the tribunal court phone number, but called last week to be told the average waiting time is 40 weeks. On top of that it takes a number of weeks after that to actually receive any back pay should the decision be reversed. By the time this has occurred  I'm now stressing that even if I do win the case, I'll be having to reapply for pip not long after that to be put through the whole process again. I know there are so many people going through the same ordeal as I am but I'm just feeling so low and feel like there's no light at the end of the tunnel. I'm struggling to deal with my health issues after losing £150 a week has made it even more of a daily struggle. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The waiting time you were told is just a guide it could be less or even more than that. Some are waiting as long as 1 year for a hearing date.

If you're awarded by the Tribunal hopefully it won't be a short award so you won't end up having to re-apply shortly after that. It's a viscous circle unless you're given that 10 year award. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 118 Listener
    Hi Davedj44
    I totally feel the same and realising that many others are too (not invalidating your upset) its a terrible state of affairs ..im trying to stay "in the day" and tell myself im okay in this moment but must say i do forget that mantra a lot as its overwhelming isnt it. I wish you a peaceful day not thinking ahead just concentrating on you and what the day brings hugs
  • ofme
    ofme Community member Posts: 18 Listener
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Davedj44
    Hi its awful how they are treating disabled people and I am in the same boat as you, so I fully understand how you feel. I have been told that the tribunal waiting time where I live is 54 weeks. I try to stay positive however every day is a struggle with the daily health issues. Just keep your fingers crossed that it will come quicker than later. Have you tried to get any help from a representative?
    I do not want to build your hopes up however, I am now in the process of doing this and he informed me to bring my tribunal papers with me to my appointment with him and then if he thinks my case will win at the tribunal he is going to ask DWP to re-look at my decision again. I haven't heard of this and I thought once you had appealed with an MR the next step was a tribunal. He said not they may look at it again. He also asked if my PIP had been stopped early. I told him that they called me to have an assessment a year early so mine stopped in March 2018 and my award letter said May 2019, so I lost out with this as well. I am going to see my rep on the 4th of December so I will know more then. He also stated that DWP are now ringing people and are offering awards over the phone to stop you going to a tribunal especially if your case will probably win. I could let you know what he says after I have been to see him. Try to keep your chin up and good luck with yours.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    davedj44 said:
    I'm just feeling so low and feel like there's no light at the end of the tunnel. I'm struggling to deal with my health issues after losing £150 a week has made it even more of a daily struggle. 
    I feel exactly the same, but have had to accept the situation as it is.
    You don't see the light - I just don't feel that I have had justice.
    But that is the story of my life unfortunately - never any help around when you need it.
    I have had to make massive changes to the way we live due to the loss of the PIP earlier this year. All in all we have lost over £230 a week (PIP, Pension Credit & Council tax Support). 

Unfortunately due to my age (70) I am too old to make another PIP claim even if I wanted to. Once you get past 65 if you lose PIP you can never get it back. The only other alternative is Attendance Allowance but that is totally dependent of being so incapable that you need to have a carer looking after you. I'm not at that stage yet. 
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Yadnad
    Yadnad said:
    davedj44 said:
    I'm just feeling so low and feel like there's no light at the end of the tunnel. I'm struggling to deal with my health issues after losing £150 a week has made it even more of a daily struggle. 
    I feel exactly the same, but have had to accept the situation as it is.
    You don't see the light - I just don't feel that I have had justice.
    But that is the story of my life unfortunately - never any help around when you need it.
    I have had to make massive changes to the way we live due to the loss of the PIP earlier this year. All in all we have lost over £230 a week (PIP, Pension Credit & Council tax Support). 

Unfortunately due to my age (70) I am too old to make another PIP claim even if I wanted to. Once you get past 65 if you lose PIP you can never get it back. The only other alternative is Attendance Allowance but that is totally dependent of being so incapable that you need to have a carer looking after you. I'm not at that stage yet. 
    Are you sure you do not qualify for the attendance allowance?
    Are you married on living with a partner who cares for you?
    I have read your posts about losing your PIP many times and its so unfair.
    I understand that you will struggle losing your PIP, however if you were eligible you would be able to get your pension credit, council tax reduction and low rate £57.30 high rate £85.60 high rate. I would at least find out about it.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you.

If you are struggling, you can talk with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on mental health

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.