i desperately need accessible kitchen adaptions made - help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

i desperately need accessible kitchen adaptions made - help

loobyloulou
loobyloulou Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Ive been on group a while now but this is my first post,so hi everyone.i could really do with some help and advice please.i am physically disabled and struggling to advocate for myself this year.i desperately need accessible kitchen adaptions made to my council adapted bunglaow.but have been dealing with council ànd social services staff who have had no previous experience of this type of work.it became a nightmare with all the tooing and froing,meetings,phone calls and emails.i tried to explain my issues with the plans which were totally impractical quite a few times and then became hospitalised earlier thi year with heart problems due to the stress.so I've been putting of restarting the whole process as I also have to find about £1500 for new appliances aswel I can't even face filling out the forms for the grants I need, so I know I couldn't cope with advocating for myself again.can anyone please suggest how I go about finding someone to speak on my behalf who is independent from social services or council.i would be so so grateful.x
Thankyou.
Loobyloulou 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.