Appealing my DLA to PIP decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appealing my DLA to PIP decision

Options
nikknack
nikknack Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I'm new to this forum. Like a lot of the users I have been invited to apply for Pip after 11 years on DLA where I had highest rates for care and mobility for life. 
My F2F was a joke. The nurse who did my assessment wrote so many untruths I could have used it for a novel.
I have degenerative disc disease, widespread arthritis, scoliosis, kyphosis, peripheral sensory neuropathy caused by chemotherapy and antiphospholipid syndrome. I constantly stumble,trip and have a significant fall on average every 10 days. I am in constant severe pain which limits my life drastically. Like everyone else here I would give up my allowances in a heartbeat if it meant I could live an independent, pain free life  Disability is not a choice but this system makes it feel like it!
I have been awarded standard rate for daily living and nothing for mobility.
I have put in for my mandatory reconsideration but do not hold out any hope, but will appeal as i am now effectively housebound.
In the report it said I walked 12 meters and sat with great difficulty. Managed most of the physical stuff but not without pain or difficulty. She said I had good grip because I could write my name- I dropped the pen and had to readjust my grip as well.. Also said because I can use crutches means I have good grip. Said I used my crutches lightly, I almost fell on entering the centre because there was a ramp which I did not see, it was not highlighted, without my crutches I would have fallen and cost the NHS another load of money.
The ironic thing is i used to be a nurse and I keep getting job offers to be a PIP assessor, £41,000 basic, free healthcare plus other incentives but if you are sick or disabled this government tries to remove as many as possible from receiving help. 
I am sorry for the long post but just thought it might help others to see that there is nothing that we do that is wrong, it's the system that is not fit for purpose. I used to fill in these forms for people and had people turned down who were quadriplegic with severe learning disabilities. It sucks but keep going, 70%  are winning their appeals.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @nikknack

Welcome it’s great to meet you today!!!!

Don’t worry about your post you like many members have “long & growling” experience’s with there “pip’s”

We have got “info & advice” here on our site if you are interested????
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experience, I am sorry to hear it wasnt a good one.  Good luck on appealing the decision, let us know if you need any support or information and do let us know how you get on.

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.