Received PIP back payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received PIP back payment

lizzieloz30
lizzieloz30 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
Hi everyone,

PIP back payment went into my account today from July when I first applied for PIP. I was told it was Wednesday the 21st I would be getting paid (but I'm not complaining :)

I'm still in disbelief I got PIP on my first attempt. I was told by my nearest & dearest I should prepare myself to have to go through the appeals process, because not many people get it first time round. 

Again thankyou to everyone for your support on this forum. The majority of posts I read, people have had extremely negative experiences with the PIP process. But I was fortunate not to be have had that. 

The only medical evidence I submitted was my FIT note from my doctors & as far as I'm aware, no medical evidence was requested from my doctor. 

The f2f assessment I believe was crucial as to why I was awarded PIP. I scored enough points on the assessment & the DWP went with the assessor. At my f2f I didn't go in depth about my condition, but I did go In depth about how my condition effects my ability to carry out the the questions asked. I think this is a useful tip for anyone going to a f2f. They're not interested in your diagnosis it's about how your condition effects your ability to carry out the 12 questions asked in the form. 

Lizzie x

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Not knowing your health conditions or what your PIP award was, the evidence sent in with your application form, and the answers given there in, and the F2F process was enough information to allow the acessor to generate a report to send to the decision maker at DWP who awards the PIP. Going into great details about how your condition effects your abilities to do, complete the PIP descriptors is the best and only way to a F2F acessment, as PIP is about your abilities and not your disability.
  • pixie61
    pixie61 Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Yes, all they want to know is how you manage your day with the conditions you have. However, my assessor was only interested in how I looked on the day  & how well my joints work. Even though she did not examine me to the point she wrote down in my report. They’re not interested in how you cope daily, obv cos they lie on the report! 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    pixie61 said:
    Yes, all they want to know is how you manage your day with the conditions you have. However, my assessor was only interested in how I looked on the day  & how well my joints work. Even though she did not examine me to the point she wrote down in my report. They’re not interested in how you cope daily, obv cos they lie on the report! 
    Yes in my case (3 face to face assessments) were not interested in anything I had to say. Every time I tried to explain what my life is like, what my issues are and what the impact is they had already moved on to the next question. 

Looking back, and I am not using it as an excuse, but probably because of my attitude and body language the assessors may well have believed that I was not interested in being there with all answers given by me in a tone of voice that indicated that I believed that the assessor was a complete ****.

What they all failed to understand was that my demeanour is a symptom of the brain damage that I had sustained - it had clearly been explained in a 5 page report that had been sent to them from the CMHT for older people. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.