Loneliness — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Loneliness

Options
JulestheBat
JulestheBat Community member Posts: 16 Connected
Hey, 
Im so sad and fed up. My partner had ago at me tonight, hes not been massivley supportive the last few weeks. And Im tired.
My family dont really help and Im stuck. My mobilitys getting worse, I never leave the house. I cant manage stairs 
Im not coping and I dont know what the hell to do. Any advice? X
" If in doubt, Freak em out" - Sharon Needles 

Comments

• Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    Options
    Sometimes situations strain relationships, it can be hard for someone else to see the other side of the coin. Sometimes the easiest but also the hardest thing for some is to sit down and talk as a family. This is where you are and this is how you feel. I have known people that do not ask for help and wait for others to offer help but it is a two way thing because no one knows if you struggling or need aid if you do not let them know.  If you have any support workers i would chat to them or your GP if you are able.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    I think most of time family DO know how we are suffering pain.
    Just by knowing you have fibro etc they csn look up the pain info on the net.
    So WHY do they behave nasty towards us ? cos our pain inflicks on them.
    They cant keep dumping things on us which they should do themselves.
    My mother has volunteered me to do stuff for all our family over the years. Mom took the credit for everything 
    When i started to say NO to having kids dumped on me when id been at work 10 hours mom lost her credit.
    Shes been moaning about it ever since.
    If your in pain and family are dtill dumping stuff on you DONT DO IT.
    iv found its a constant argument.
    They say but you used to do all this stuff." They arnt worth all the pain.
    Id rather have my few good friends than family who wore me into the ground

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear this @JulestheBat, it sounds like you're having a tough time of it at the moment. How are you feeling today?
  • JulestheBat
    Options
    @Pippa_Scope Im feeling really low and a bit fragile. Ive got the hospital on friday about an operation Im having on my back. Ive been just managing for ages and its been a shock all of this going on. Its no type of life and Im so fed up 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh I'm sorry to hear that @JulestheBat, will be thinking of you on Friday. At the very least, I hope you know you're welcome to come and talk to us all here on the community and we'll support and advise where we can.
  • JulestheBat
    Options
    @Pippa_Scope thank you ? that means alot 
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Options
    @JulestheBat

I am so sorry you must go into hospital. How long must you stay - and will the operation help better your condition?

I will think of you FRiday.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.