ESA3 and rebate entitlement information request — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA3 and rebate entitlement information request

mabel12
mabel12 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
Hi wondering if anyone can help..I've recently filled a ESA3 form in and sent it back.They were asking for information dating back to the 08 Feb 2014 to 06 Feb 2015..the problem is I don't think I'm entitled any rebate because I was living with my mother back then and I'm still living with her now.Any information I would be grateful for
Kind regards
Mabel.

Comments

• mabel12
    Hello is this where I post my questions I'm not sure?
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @mabel12 and welcome to the community. It is good to hear from you and I am glad you are with us.
    Highlighted link here should take you to our page on benefits and finances. Have a look and see if there is anything relevant. I will also send a not to our financial experts and ask them to take a look at your post.
    Hang on in there :smile: and we'll do the very best we can.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    @JennysDad
  • mabel12
    Thank you very much I'll have a look now
  • mabel12
    Hello and good morning..is there anyone able to answer this question for me please.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mabel12, and a warm welcome to the community! I've moved this post into our ESA discussions, and hopefully some of our experienced members will be along and able to advise soon.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,941 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Living with your mother doesn't affect your ESA, her money is separate to yours.

This will be because those that transferred from IB to ESA were automatically placed onto Contributions based ESA and lots weren't assessed for the income related top up. As you've filled it in and returned it DWP will assess you for the top up.

Living with a partner that works, savings/capital and income from pensions are all things they assess you on for the top up.

They'll contact you by letter when a decision is made, if they owe you money they'll back date it to the date you qualified. It can takes 12 weeks to assess you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mabel12
    Thank you very much that's very informative.
  • mabel12
    Hi I'm still a bit confused if my mother's income has nothing to do with me why am I on a reduced ESA..I'm in the work related categorie and they told me because I live at home I don't get what a normal person gets if they live in their own place..can anyone shed any light on this please.
  • mabel12
    Hi is there anyone able to answer this please.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi
    Have you put your details into one of the online benefits calculators ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • mabel12
    No I haven't where do I find that please?
  • CockneyRebel
    There is one on this site or try  entitledto.co.uk
  • poppy123456
    Being placed into either group for ESA has nothing to do with you living at home. Your mother isn't your partner so her income or benefits won't affect what you claim for ESA. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mabel12
    I just tried that still no help to thank you anyways.
  • poppy123456
    In this situation a benefits calculator most likely isn't of much use. If you don't live with a partner, have no other income (not including your mothers) , savings/capital then you could be entitled to the income related top up on your ESA and should fill the form in an return it.
  • mabel12
    Ok thank you poppy.
  • mabel12
    I get paid 194 every two weeks but they deduct 5 pound a week for a budgeting loan I had..I've spoken to a few people who tell me they are getting 240-250 every two weeks it baffles me.
  • CockneyRebel
    People in support group receive a higher ammount than work related group
  • mabel12
    Cheers cockney for the information
  • poppy123456
    Are you sure you're in the WRAG? If you are then you can't be claiming Contributions based because it's only paid for 365 days unless you're placed into the Support Group. If you're in the WRAG then you must be claiming income related.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.