If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I am having an education psychologist coming to his school tomorrow any tips on questions to ask.

angiejayangiejay Posts: 2Member Listener
edited November 2018 in Learning difficulties
I have a 9year old child with  learning disabilities and speech and language difficulties  ,he was dignose with microcyphlay  .

I am having an education psychologist  coming to his school  tomorrow any tips on questions to ask.  

My child struggle to process and holding information give .
Problems with numeracy and literacy and spelling. 
Remembering  instructions  given  .
Adults and his  peers   misinterpreted his  language  or word of speech  .

Struggle to make and mantains friends  .
He gets emotional and anxious  and  frustrated when he doesn't understand things (eg ) explaining  and expressing himself or others doesn't understand him .

Replies

• thespicemanthespiceman Posts: 4,649Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @angiejay   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Thank you for your questions about your child. Understand there will be members of our community or team will advise.

We are a friendly, supportive community.  Care and share.

Please ask if we can advise on anything. Some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 7,580Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @angiejay
    How did you get on today?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • JennysDadJennysDad Posts: 2,308Member Pioneering
    Hi @angiejay and welcome to the community. I tried to answer this earlier but my connection broke and my post disappeared.
    Your child has microcephaly? Have the doctors referred to any conditions they think may stem from that microcephaly? Cerebral palsy, anything like that?
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad
  • angiejayangiejay Posts: 2Member Listener
    Hello JennysDad, in regards to your  question  , no, but  I recently ask  his doctor to refferd r him  to see a neurologist    . But  from my acknowledgement  because he was born very early at 26 weeks  his brain  wasn't fully  developed. 
Sign in or join us to comment.