Contribution based - repeat claim? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Contribution based - repeat claim?

Wez
Wez Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi,

Hope you guys can help as I'm a little confused. 

Until August I was claiming ESA contribution based. This is when my years claim limit ran to, as a couple we earn too much for income based, and I was in the work related activity group.

In September I tried to return to work, but straight away began to experience epileptic seizures (my disability) - and the side effects that can last for several days. It really set me back and I had three seizures within a week, including one alone in the street that was really scary. In the end, after barely a month at my new job I had missed several shifts they suggested I might be not ready for return to work, I agreed and left the job. I have an appointment to see my consultant coming up and I hope to get my meds adjusted to a higher dose that will allow me to do more physical activity.

This will take several months to be adjusted slowly. Hence I wouldn't be fit to work again for some time. 

Will I be able to make a claim again for contribution based ESA? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Unfortunately it won't be possible to start another claim for CB ESA because your 365 day limit has ended. If you were placed into the Support Group then it would be paid for as long as you remain in the group.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Wez! I hope the above guidance from Poppy is helpful, do keep in touch and let us know how you get on. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.