Carer's allowance
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

Advice

dannyUK76dannyUK76 Member Posts: 72 Connected
my partner gets carer’s For me but it only started in may when my pip was awarded ok so I won at tribunal as many of you know on here my question would my partner be able to get the carer’s Allowance from February when tribunal was won. 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 20,522 Disability Gamechanger
    If they were caring for you for at least 35 hours and the other criteria apply then yes but you'll need to wait until DWP decide what they're doing with the recent Tribunal decision. They have 28 days to request the statement of reasons.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • dannyUK76dannyUK76 Member Posts: 72 Connected
    Tribunal is done and dusted they asked court to change date on tribunal so it would end on start of new claim I think 💭 so there not requesting a statement of reason. 
    Would carer’s be able to find out about the tribunal or would I have to send in evidence. 
    Also now my tribunal is with the decision maker they got everything I need plus I answered the questions about have I been in hospital etc should it take much longer for backpay. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 20,522 Disability Gamechanger
    Your partner will need to contact carers allowance once your backdated payment has been made. I have no idea how long your backdated payment will take, for this you'll need to ring DWP.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.