If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Who can support me with my PIP appeal?

SystemSystem Posts: 280 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Fining relevant support groups.

Replies

• Hopeful4613Hopeful4613 Posts: 4Member Listener
    Hi,
    I'm new on the site.
    Feeling drained and alone.
    Can anyone advise on who can support me with a PIP appeal. CAB gave brief pointers on the SSCS1 form but can't offer anything further.
    I really don't want to involve family and friends as some information is very sensitive.
  • Rosie1650Rosie1650 Posts: 15Member Whisperer
    @CockneyRebel
    this is soooo helpful, writting mine now, and have totall brain block, think am just overwhelmed at all the info and how to prepare the my appeal, seeing it laid out bare, totally understand now, makes it easier to write and reference, 
    thanks so much for sharing 
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 4,873Administrator Scope community team
    Welcome to the community @Feeling_Helpless20! You've had some great advice from @CockneyRebel above, so do have a read and feel free to come back to us with any questions.
    Wow! Thank you so much @CockneyRebel. This whole thing is a total nightmare but your much needed advice is fantastic.
    One more question 😬. Is this classed as my personal statement or is that completely separate?
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Posts: 2,896Member Brian Blessed
    There’s no such thing as a personal statement as regards an appeal. Appeal letters don’t need to be long. They just need to focus on the required rate and length of award and which points achieve that and why. Brevity is helpful on an SSCS1. Once the appeal is accepted you can submits as much or as little as you require but you also have an opportunity now to acquire a representative which, assuming you have a winnable case, will considerably assist with all aspects of your case and representation on the day.
Sign in or join us to comment.