Wet Room Extension — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wet Room Extension

Options
danish
danish Community member Posts: 12 Connected
I have been trying to get an extension built to encompass a wet room and accessible kitchen. It al. Started of ok planning permission in place building regulator informed and a builder in place. After 4 weeks into the build everything slowed down regarding the builder. We had. Payment plan in place with a 10 to 12 week build. The builder came and asked for an early payment and I obliged as he gave me a valued reason. He that is the builder ripped out our current kitchen as it was moving to a new location. We had the rear of the property knocked down leaving us exposed to the external elements. The builder has now been missing for over 7 weeks and communicating via email. We have had all the reasons under the sun as to why he is not onsite.
We are living in squalid conditions with no end in sight. I have contacted our local Care And Repair organisation but we now have to go through citizens advice to comply with regulations. As you can guess I am disabled and find it difficult to go any where and now the house is becoming a no go zone. 
We are suffering from draughty conditions and have no where to cook. I am at a wits end how to go forward

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.