After a Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

After a Tribunal

Ara
Ara Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all,

I'm so extremely confused and I can't get a straight answer out of anyone! I had a face-to-face assessment in January, which scored me as 0. I have just had my tribunal response back in which I won my appeal and they found such significant levels of disability that they recommend I never get reassessed ever again. As I was removed from the ESA support group and told to apply for job seekers, I am now on Universal Credits. The lady that has helped me with my tribunal has said that because I am now on universal credits I will remain on them and just get a higher rate. After my mandatory reconsideration, I was placed on the LCW group, which Universal Credits have already told me is the highest rate of Universal Credits I can get. Everything I have read on forums suggests that I should be placed back on ESA with fortnightly payments etc. I cannot find a simple answer anywhere. Will I now remain on the amount I am on just with less chance of being reassessed? Will I get my housing benefit back? I already know that they will drag their heels giving me any money I may be owed so I won't
hold my breath or rely on that. I have no idea what benefits I will now be receiving!

If anyone can shed any light on this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks all!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Hi,

I'm not sure where you read that you could go back onto ESA  but that's absolutely not correct. Once you claim UC you can never go back i'm afraid.

Were you assessed for UC? Have you been sent a UC50 form? because you say you were placed into the LCW group or LCWRA group? LCWRA is an extra £328 per month in with your UC payment.

As for housing benefit then you should already be claiming the housing element of UC in with your UC payment. Housing benefit is no longer available to you because you've claimed UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Here's a link that confirms you won't be able to go back onto ESA. Scroll down to full service areas. http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/esa-uc

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.