Hi, my name is wiggi16! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is wiggi16!

wiggi16
wiggi16 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone, I’m new here so look forward to having discussions with you all ?

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @wiggi16 and a very warm - if rather late - welcome to you. Good to have you with us. Things tend to quieten down here in the evening, but people will be in touch with you as your post filters through the system.
    Are you up to telling us a little more about yourself? I look forward to getting to know you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wiggi16, and a warm welcome to the community!
  • wiggi16
    wiggi16 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Jenny’s dad, well I am a 63 yr old female who suffers with osteoporosis and osteo arthritis in my knees and wrists/ hands , very painful at times. I have had a few ops on wrists and had ulna bone shortening on both but the left one is now giving me lots of pain again so have been referred back to my surgeon. Luckily I have a good husband and family and was also lucky to take early retirement but as I am one of the 50’s women don’t get my state pension or bus pass until I’m 66? . 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wiggi16

Welcome ????

Please have a good look ? around.

If there is anything that I can help you with please let me know???
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @wiggi16 and thank you for getting back to me :smile: 63 huh? I'm 67, which makes you a spring chicken by comparison :wink:
    Sorry you so narrowly missed the pension at 62, but very glad to hear you are well supported by your loved ones. My respects to them.
    Looking back at your first post I see that you express a wish to share discussions and we have a lot of opportunity to do that here. Have you looked at our discussion categories? The link to them is here. It's purely a matter of deciding what you would like to discuss and then either posting something in the best-related category you can find, or of entering one of the discussions that are already running.
    Have a look, if you have not already, and don't hesitate to get back to us if there is anything you think we might be able to help you with.
    Lovely to 'meet' you and yours,
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.