PIP form a year early — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP form a year early

fozina
fozina Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I’ve been sent a form to fill out a year earlier that was expected they told me that when I was awarded pip I’m worried can I still have another face to face assessment I can’t deal with another face to face assessment after the last one I nearly killed myself 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @fozina and a very warm welcome to you. I'm very glad you've found us, but sorry you are so worried. These things don't seem to get any easier.
    I am not a benefits advisor and don't have the answer to your question, but if you will bear with us (it gets a bit quiet this late at night) I am sure people will get back to you tomorrow.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    @JennysDad
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will find lot of help here.

I am in US, so I cannot answer your questions, but I know you are in the right place and we will all support you.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    fozina said:
    Hi I’ve been sent a form to fill out a year earlier that was expected they told me that when I was awarded pip I’m worried can I still have another face to face assessment I can’t deal with another face to face assessment after the last one I nearly killed myself 

It is usual for a PIP reveiw to be held a year before the end date. Treat it like a new claim and send any relevant evidence. Most people are still equired to have a f2f assessment
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @fozina, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling worried about your review, but as CR says, it's fairly usual for this to happen. You may find this PIP review guidance helpful. Wishing you all the best: we're all here to support you so please do keep us updated and we'll advise where we can. 
  • wedgehog
    wedgehog Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Yes they will send you the form a year early and you will have a F2F, it's all designed that if you fail to get the required points they can steal the final year of your previous award from you and cancel your pip immediately. Bunch of criminals!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    wedgehog said:
    Yes they will send you the form a year early and you will have a F2F, it's all designed that if you fail to get the required points they can steal the final year of your previous award from you and cancel your pip immediately. Bunch of criminals!

I have to disagree. The early reveiw is to try and keep your claim in payment due to the backlog it can take time to process.
    When a decision comes from a tribunal you will be required to apply again 14 weeks before the end date, this could easily mean a break in payment given the current delays
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    At least you would have had upwards of another 38 weeks of money.

If someone said to me you can have another 38 weeks of money before your claim ceases or lose 52 weeks of money, I know which one I would go for especially with my history of always getting 0 points and having to fight to get the old award back. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.