Motability, Blue Badges and disabled motoring
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

Turned down for a blue badge

SystemSystem Posts: 470 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is allan!.

Replies

• allanallan Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanks for your replies we tried to get a blue badge but got turned down by Surrey county council as he got 0 points for mobility but he got maximum points for having someone accompanying him as he can't walk on his own cross roads or get on a bus unaided 
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Member Posts: 5,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear that, @allan. Did you have a separate blue badge assessment with your local council? 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 20,518 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you live in England then scoring points in following and planning a journey for PIP doesn't automatically qualify you for a blue badge. If you don't automatically qualify then they usually send you for an assessment.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • allanallan Member Posts: 3 Listener
    They didn't send my son  for an assessment
  • YadnadYadnad Member - under moderation Posts: 2,862 Disability Gamechanger
    I think that we are at cross purposes here.
    The poster did apply to the council but the council turned him down. Presumably he has no physical problems in walking. His problems appear to relate to mental issues.
    Is the new legislation in force for these types of BB applications?
Sign in or join us to comment.