Esa3 form and occupational pension due to industrial injury. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa3 form and occupational pension due to industrial injury.

Options
Peter12345
Peter12345 Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
Hello,  
I posed a question about ESA back pay a couple of weeks ago. 
I would just like to throw this out again as I have a little more info. 

I have recently been sent an ESA3 form by the DWP. 
I didn't ask for it, they just sent it  
On the covering letter they have only stipulated that I need not fill it in if I have savings of £16,000.   ??.   I wish. ( don't we all ) 
I moved over from IB back in August 2012 to contribution based ESA. 
I do have an occupational pension from an Industrial Injury at work. 
I spoke to the DWP yesterday as I thought id just be wasting someone else's time helping me fill the ESA3 form in.   He said it was really complicated and not at all straight forward.   
I thought that having a pension would scupper any chance of getting Income based ESA. 
I was wondering if there is anyone else out there that is in a similar position to me ?.. 
Or anyone who knows whether having an " industrial injury based pension "  makes a difference to whether the claim for back pay might be successful ? 

I hope everyone is as well as can be.   I know how challenging things can be.   I send wholehearted warmth and good health happy wishes to all. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Depends on how much your pension is worth. I have a small pension and have an IR top up
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Peter12345
    Options
    Thank you CockneyRebel for repling.
    I did read somewhere online that industrial injury pensions were treated differently when it came to this particular pack pay.  Maybe I read it wrong being the eternal optermist that I am. 
    Do you know of anyone that has sent the Esa3 form back only to be informed that they won't receive back pay ?

Namaste 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Scroll down to to 4.4 of this link.

All you can do is fill the form in and send it back because only DWP can tell you for sure if you're entitled to any backdated money. Yes, i've heard of a few that haven't been entitled, and some that haven't been entitled to as much as they thought. No one on a forum can tell you for sure whether you're entitled to anything. They're sending those forms out to everyone that transferred from IB, whether you're entitled to backpay or not.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Peter12345
    Options
    Thanks for that info Poppy.. 

I would be nice to know the remit they are using though. 

Thanks again,   have a beautiful day x
  • Angiebabes2410
    Angiebabes2410 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    I think DWP are the only ones who can tell you how much they will give you, when I went from IB to ESA they said there was a break in my claim of ONE DAY, which of course there wasn't,  but they said I had to make a fresh claim and wasn't entitled to a migrating claim meaning I had to start again and lost about £60 a week and also had to wait 13 weeks before they put me into a support group. 

Good luck xx
  • Peter12345
    Options
    Flippin ek Angie,   I'm so sorry to hear that. 
    I hope you are able to challenge that !!!
    The thing is... Where do you get the energy from to do it.
    I really am very grateful that you have taken the time to write to me regarding this. 
    Hope you ok well and warm. 
    Kind wishes, pete 

• Angiebabes2410
    Angiebabes2410 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    Flippin ek Angie,   I'm so sorry to hear that. 
    I hope you are able to challenge that !!!
    The thing is... Where do you get the energy from to do it.
    I really am very grateful that you have taken the time to write to me regarding this. 
    Hope you ok well and warm. 
    Kind wishes, pete 

Thanks Peter 12345 I am now having issues with P I P I have done the mandatory reconsideration but they didn't give me anything more and I'm now going to tribunal I have been waiting several months it is almost a year since I had my f2f assessment with the woman and they did give me an appointment for my tribunal at Walsall County Court but when I said I would have great difficulty getting into the courts and accessing the building on my own would they consider meeting me at the taxi and helping me to get in but because I spoke to someone from Skype before I was advised to request a telephone hearing which they have now accepted and they are going to do the hearing next Tuesday 8th January I am very nervous because I'm not sure what they are going to ask

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.