How long does it take to get a Tribunal Hearing — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long does it take to get a Tribunal Hearing

sarah170
sarah170 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
I am just wondering how long it takes before I get a date for the hearing. They have sent me the paperwork, I received an email and text to inform me they will send a date, this was about 3 weeks ago.
Thank you
Sarah

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Backlogs are huge and some are waiting as long as 1 year. You can ring them and ask approximately how long the wait will be, of course this will just be a guide.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    You will only be given two weeks' notice of your hearing date.  This might not be for several months.  I had to wait 5.5 months but waits can take longer now.  You can opt for a short notice hearing when you might get an earlier date - but there's no guarantee of this.
  • sarah170
    Thank you, I will try to ring them.

Sarah
  • mattw84
    mattw84 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    The average wait is 36 weeks just got my date for Tuesday and I have been waiting 42 weeks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    mattw84 said:
    The average wait is 36 weeks just got my date for Tuesday and I have been waiting 42 weeks
    That's for your area. Some areas are waiting in excess of 1 year.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sarah170
  • affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    Mine my tribunal date will be 9 months 
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Hi  Sarah  I live in Bradford I have been told 54 weeks because of backlogs. If I have to wait all this time that means  I will have been waiting 1 and a half years in total. Good luck with yours
  • mattw84
    It is worth it in the end though I won my tribunal on Tuesday I was in front of the panel less than 10 mins before the judge said in a rage she had heard enough whispered to the other two panel members and didn’t even ask me to leave the room
    before saying this is clearly a huge mistake!!
    awarded me enhanced for both backdated till December last year 

• sarah170
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    My tribunal panel gave me a half hour grilling 18 months ago but did award me enhanced both.
  • mattw84
    Matilda said:
    My tribunal panel gave me a half hour grilling 18 months ago but did award me enhanced both.
    How long did you wait for the claim to start? The Dwp like to drag their heels 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.