ESA/pip assessments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA/pip assessments

traceg19
traceg19 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
hi and thanks in advance for your help! I have M.E, Cerebral small vessel disease, spondylitis in my spine, I recently won tripbunal for my pip payments and was awarded ESA without assessment in July,  I have now received a letter to go for another face to face assessment in two weeks without any other paperwork pip/esa forms to fill out? Can they just call you in for face to face assessment without any notice and not sure what it is even for as I have been awarded both? So stressed now and confused! 

Thankyou

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi traceg and welcome

ESA is an indefinate award but can be reveiwed any time after 3 months have past. More usually it will be 2 or 3 years.
    PIP is a time limited award ( usually ) and it will tell you on your decision letter when to expect a reveiw
    You can ring the number on your letter for clarification
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • traceg19
    Thankyou for your reply! Didn’t realise could be called for so soon 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    If you haven't received an ESA50 form to fill in then you'll need to contact the number on the top of the letter and tell them you've not received a form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Hello I want to work as doing literally nothing or very little doesn't help my issues at all but I have had 33jobs so not sure if I can stay in a job. If I work would I get working tax credits or universal credits?? Orwould it be a lot less than on benefits?? Very confusing and I would like to work if possible because people judge you on benefits and if makes my mental health worse 
  • traceg19
    Hi poppy123456 I filled the form in on July and received a letter to tell me the rate I was going onto but now I need to go for face to face interview just not sure why as I’ve always had face to face assessment before they make the decision 

thanks
  • poppy123456
    traceg19 said:
    Hi poppy123456 I filled the form in on July and received a letter to tell me the rate I was going onto but now I need to go for face to face interview just not sure why as I’ve always had face to face assessment before they make the decision 

thanks
    Did you start your claim in July? If you did then the decision you had was most likely saying you can be paid assessment rate of £73.10 per week. You should have received the ESA50 form at some point and sent all your evidence with it. Once that was sent then they decide if a f2f is needed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • traceg19
    Yes filled out the form with all the evidence, was then accepted in the support group but never needed face to face, but now got a letter saying they want face to face with me I’m so confused! Sorry for all the questions!
  • traceg19
    I’m hoping it’s an error 
  • poppy123456
    You need to ring them tomorrow to find out why you've been sent the appointment. Hopefully they will be able to tell you why. Ring the number on the letter and if you don't get any answers from that ring DWP. If you haven't been sent another ESA50 form then you should have received one.
  • traceg19
    Thanks so much for replying 
  • sandy69
    sandy69 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    I had phone call,which upset me then saying need ftf I got visit at home she never listened to me ,I was put from advance to standard I'm worse than before I put my glasses on she said you can put glasses on ,there not heavy when I got it back she had lied things in I never said.l got standard rate till 2022 but my pension starts next year I wouldn't have been on it if I'd known .I'm worse off now don't go out  Now my ESA has come they cancelled my ftf last year now I have to see them again, I worked all my life for this crapp

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.