RA and dropping things — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

RA and dropping things

Options
cracker
cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
I just asked this of @glittery, but would like more feedback from others. I have RA and OA, and drop things a lot. I have much trouble handling money, bills and coins alike because they are so small, am forever dropping m oney

Anyone else?

Comments

• glittery
    glittery Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Yes I do I have to spill my purse out on counter in shops for help with coins @cracker. As I have neurology also so my fingers get numb and tingling 
  • cracker
    Options
    I am relieved, sorry you have this problem, too, @glittery. I read once that not being able to handle money was an early sign of dementia, and have been troubled by that. Now that I know I am not losing my mind, I feel much better.
  • glittery
    glittery Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Awe bless you..you can still count money ? Then you not being able to get coins or notes out is I found mine oestoarthritis and nerve endings in my fingers. I loose sensation now typing this reply to you . The numbness is annoying me the most .
  • cracker
    Options
    Annoying is right. I try to put the bills in neat order. end up just having a crumpled up ball which I give to my aide to hold for me.

Typing is so difficult, too. When my thumb joints displace, it's impossible until I get the joint back together.

So good to have your understanding, thank you.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.