if im on esa and pip do i have to pay for dentle work at dentists? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

if im on esa and pip do i have to pay for dentle work at dentists?

sambucaman
sambucaman Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi folks just need to ask if im on esa and pip do i have to pay for dentle work at dentists

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sambucaman and a warm welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    I'm not qualified to answer your question, I'm afraid, but we have many members here who are. Please bear with us and people will get back to you as your post filters through.
    Stay in touch. We are here for you (though not all are night owls like me :smile: )
    Warmest best wishes
    @JennysDad
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @sambucaman

You're entitled to free NHS dental treatment if you or your spouse (including civil partner) receive:

• Income Support
    • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
    • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
    • Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
    • Universal Credit (in certain circumstances)
    The NHS Low Income Scheme (LIS) may provide partial help with the cost of your dental care for those who don't qualify for full help but still have a low income.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • suzyk15
    suzyk15 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Hi I'm claiming universal credit/carers element I've got a first dental assessment in 2 weeks will I get free treatment? Thanks
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    suzyk15 said:
    Hi I'm claiming universal credit/carers element I've got a first dental assessment in 2 weeks will I get free treatment? Thanks
    Hi @suzyk15 please have a look here as it will explicitly explain what you need to know. https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/dental-health/who-is-entitled-to-free-nhs-dental-treatment-in-england/ Good luck.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• suzyk15
    Does this apply as I live in Wales?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    On the day you claim help with health costs:

a) You receive Universal Credit and either have no earnings or had earnings of £435 or less in your last Universal Credit assessment period;

or

b) You receive Universal Credit which includes an element for a child, or you (or your partner) have limited capacity for work and work related activity, and either had net earnings of £935 or less in your last Universal Credit assessment period.

Note: If you are part of a couple then the net earnings threshold applies to your net earnings.

You should present a copy of your Universal Credit award notice to prove your entitlement. You will need to have met the eligibility criteria in the last completed Universal Credit assessment period before your health costs arose.

That was taken from within this link. http://www.healthcosts.wales.nhs.uk/dental-costs

Claiming UC doesn't automatically entitled to NHS free treatment and before claiming this you need to check.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    suzyk15 said:
    Does this apply as I live in Wales?
    @suzyk15 I must admit I can't answer that one, but I can advise you give one of these numbers below a ring then you can explain your circumstances, to your situation. 

Important numbers

Dental services helpline – 0300 330 1348

NHS Low Income Scheme helpline – 0300 330 1343

Prescription services helpline – 0300 330 1349

Queries about medical exemption certificates – 0300 330 1341

Queries about prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) – 0300 330 1341

Queries about tax credit certificates – 0300 330 1347

Call 0300 123 0849 to order a paper copy of the HC12, HC5 and HC1 (SC) forms

Call 0300 330 1343 for all other queries

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• suzyk15
  • suzyk15
    I receive a carers element
  • poppy123456
    suzyk15 said:
    I receive a carers element
    That makes no difference and won't qualify you for free NHS treatment. Please read the link i posted above, it's for those living in Wales.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • suzyk15
    I'm on universal credit/carers element as I'm a full time carer for my mum.just read the link this applies to me 
    Universal Credit (UC)
    If:
    On the day you claim help with health costs:

a) You receive Universal Credit and either have no earnings or had earnings of £435 or less in your last Universal Credit assessment period;

or

b) You receive Universal Credit which includes an element for a child, or you (or your partner) have limited capacity for work and work related activity, and either had net earnings of £935 or less in your last Universal Credit assessment period.

Note: If you are part of a couple then the net earnings threshold applies to your net earnings.

You should present a copy of your Universal Credit award notice to prove your entitlement. You will need to have met the eligibility criteria in the last completed Universal Credit assessment period before your health costs arose

Sounds like im entitled to free nhs dental help
  • telscope
    telscope Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    I don't have to pay for Dental Treatment, because I am out of work & on ESA & PIP. All I have to do is show my dentist receptionist a DWP letter proving my claim & sign a sheet for clarification. 
  • suzyk15
    I've got a letter off dwp it shows breakdown of my payments  I will show them that.thanks
  • poppy123456
    telscope said:
    I don't have to pay for Dental Treatment, because I am out of work & on ESA & PIP. All I have to do is show my dentist receptionist a DWP letter proving my claim & sign a sheet for clarification. 
    Please be aware that not everyone claiming ESA are entitled to free NHS treatment, it's only those that are claiming Income related ESA. PIP doesn't automatically entitle anyone to claim free NHS treatment.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.