Pip Assessments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Assessments

Options
Pinkywoo
Pinkywoo Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Well today I had the dreaded Pip assessment, and to be truthful, it went really well I think, although you never know what happenes to your answers once the advisor has sent it on. 

I did however have a total melt down followed by a anxiety attack. She asked if we would need to stop and get me a drink of water....of course I declined as wanted to get it over and done with.

Questions well it's was the same as was on the form, so didn't understand why I need to repeat myself, and I had more information on the form the  she asked me, so a little confused why the DWP would waste money paying someone to write a repeat the same information.

The only reference she asked me to complete some basic exercises, with my legs, feet, arms, neck nothing invasive or too active.

So that was it, now the wait begins, she stated it would be sent over today and it would be 4-6 weeks for a letter to state yes or no.

Hope this helps someone else, please dont worry, the lady I had was very respectful and made sure the pace was not not to fast for me.

Catherine 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome, the point of the PIP acessment is to verify your answers that you wrote in your application form. So the acessor works their way through the questions asking you why you can or cannot do the activities in the application form. The acessor knows the distances from the nearest car park, bus stop and from the waiting room to their acessment room. So if you state you can not walk far and are seen by the internal and external CTV walking without to much difficulty then the acessor will ask how you arrived, you may not beawre that you are being watched so when you walk normally to the center then hobbling around the center the acessor will al ready know your abilities regarding your mobility. As for the other questions the acessor will ask you about the difficulty you have doing different activities to Adward the appropriate points.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.