Is it normal if i put new claim in wile im waiting for appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it normal if i put new claim in wile im waiting for appeal

Scooot09XXX
Scooot09XXX Community member Posts: 50 Connected
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was adviced to reaply for pip as i was refused my pip is it normal for pip to telephone cabbage and tell them ive asked for a new form while im waiting on appeal as they had only put in about my mental health nothing about my fibomealga and my osteo curved spine or my musle spazams on my first claim i am waiting on counceling also physio my meddication has all been changed as i was so low after all this .i was woken buy a phone call of cab stating i should not be putting another claim in. Irealy dont no what to do she said pip had been on the phone to her today but havent contacted me? 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP, as you will well know as you are a regular poster is a Benefit to help you manage daily activities. The fact that you may suffer from  this or that, take so many different medications dose not matter. It’s about how your health conditions impact, effect your daily abilities to meet the PIP descriptors. Don’t put in for a new PIP claim until you have had your appeal otherwise it could, can be taken that you wish to cancel your appeal.
  • Scooot09XXX
    Scooot09XXX Community member Posts: 50 Connected
    Ok thank you im in so much pain and struggleing with everything i keep thinking they have the wrong claim the more i read it the worse i am 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Starting another claim while waiting for a Tribunal is never a good idea and before you do this you need to get face to face advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
    PIP, as you will well know as you are a regular poster is a Benefit to help you manage daily activities. The fact that you may suffer from  this or that, take so many different medications dose not matter. It’s about how your health conditions impact, effect your daily abilities to meet the PIP descriptors. Don’t put in for a new PIP claim until you have had your appeal otherwise it could, can be taken that you wish to cancel your appeal.
    I agree but what if the poster means that they have not included all/some additional medical problems and consequently never put down the impact that these cause?

I did that with an ESA claim. I only described the problems I faced when looking at the one condition that was put on my sick note.

The DWP did not have a clue obviously about any of the other ailments or the difficulties they caused.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.