Dr refused to write letter for appeal, said they always contact her at the appeal stage ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dr refused to write letter for appeal, said they always contact her at the appeal stage ?

PIPQuestions
PIPQuestions Community member Posts: 32 Connected
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So she said there was no point writing a letter as she would tell them the same thing.  

However from what I've read here is that they rarely contact the GP ?

From Scotland not England maybe this is different here ? 

I should note she has never had any issues with writing me a letter before. Though the last time she did, she wrote about suspected autism and learning difficulties and I called her out for doing that as it wasn't an official diagnosis and I failed the tests , I'm wondering if she would write that again and doesn't want me to read it ? 

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    A Doctors letter with a diagnosis will not help you at appeal they will want to know how your condition affects your ability to carry out the descriptors something a GP will not know
     The tribunal will refer to what you put in your original application and the answers you gave 
  • PIPQuestions
    PIPQuestions Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    edited December 2018
    markyboy said:
    A Doctors letter with a diagnosis will not help you at appeal they will want to know how your condition affects your ability to carry out the descriptors something a GP will not know
     The tribunal will refer to what you put in your original application and the answers you gave 
    My Dr knows how it effects me and that's the letter I asked for.  She has given me one in the past to get a disability bus pass (will be sending a copy of this also )
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    The tribunal may write to your GP if they are of the opinion that your medical records will help with the decision. They may adjourn your hearing in this case. If you think that it will help your case then you can ask the tribunal clerk to make the request in advance. But in most cases the tribunal will only be interested in how your condition affects your functionallity
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    As Markboy as stated it’s how the PIP descriptors impacts on your daily life and your abilities in preforming or trying to preform the activities in the PIP descriptors. Irrespective of your disability or diagnosis.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.