If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Is dypraxia linked with ms and adhd

hasshass Posts: 33Member Listener
edited December 2018 in Learning difficulties
Hi all 
Hope everyone is well ?
Can some one pls tell me if as he is linked with dypraxia am ms.
I can't seem to get  gp yo refer me to a neurologist .
I'm in a lot of pain  and have balance problems  etc.

Thank you

Replies

• Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 5,856Member Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hass, thanks for sharing this with us and sorry to hear about your pain.

Unfortunately I don't think you'll find the answers you're looking for here on the community, as we're not medical professionals and cannot give this kind of information. However, I wonder if you've considered seeing another GP for a second opinion?
  • hasshass Posts: 33Member Listener
    Thank you for responding 
     I will give it a go 
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 5,856Member Disability Gamechanger
    Do let us know how you get on @hass!
  • dolfrogdolfrog Posts: 218Member Pioneering
    Back in 1994 an international symprosium changed the name from dyspraxia to Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD) which is how dyspraxia is now referred to in terms of international research.
    Some of the international research has identified a commoon comorbidity with both ADHD,, especially the  ADD type, and Sensory Processing Disorders.
  • hasshass Posts: 33Member Listener
    Thank you I'm still waiting for gp  to refer  me to a neurologist  she said it costs to much money 
  • dolfrogdolfrog Posts: 218Member Pioneering
    The leading UK researcher regarding DCD is Prof. Amanda Kirby, who you may be able to follow on Twitter where she post information about DCD and related issues 
Sign in or join us to comment.