If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Can i get bk my inhance rate of pip

Shaz63Shaz63 Posts: 2Member Listener
I recently went from high rate mobility on dla to standard rate mobility,can i make a new claim

Replies

• wilkowilko Posts: 962Member Chatterbox
    Hello and welcome, when you where claiming, receiving DLA enhanced mobility the ward was made on your disability whereas PIP is awarded on how your disability, illnesses ectbimpact on your daily life in relationship to meeting the PIP descriptors. Now that you have moved over to PIP a new criteria comes into play and your abilities come into question. You can put in for a MR if it’s not to late either way you have to meet the PIP descriptors to get the enhanced mobility award. Have you taken a self test if the PIP,descriptors to see what they are and how you would fair.
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 4,873Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @Shaz63, and welcome!

Have you considered appealing the decision? This can be more effective than making a new claim.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 4,782Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    Shaz63 said:
    I recently went from high rate mobility on dla to standard rate mobility,can i make a new claim
    Hi,

Starting a new claim is not the answer here. If you disagree with the decision then you need to get face to face advice before requesting the Mandatory reconsideration.
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,235Member Brian Blessed
    Shaz63 said:
    You can but it is best if you appeal the decision.
    Under DLA people used to argue that they could not walk more than 50 metres to get the higher rate of mobility. Then when PIP came in that 50 metre rule changed and people now argue that they cannot walk more than 20 metres to get the enhanced rate of mobility.

So if you could walk say 45 metres when claiming DLA and that nothing has changed you will not get the enhanced rate for PIP.
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Posts: 4,135Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    If you have an award in payment you cannot make a new claim

You can ask for a mandatory reconsideration and then appeal to the tribunal if necessary

You can put in a change of circumstance if your condition worstens significantly

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
Sign in or join us to comment.