Christmas bonus — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Christmas bonus

sam12
sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
Low pip i not had my Christmas bonus has anyone had there's 

Comments

• Fight4Justice
    Fight4Justice Community member Posts: 63 Pioneering
    Yes, I received £10 on the 7th of December.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    No, not yet.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Don't think I've had mine. Maybe on Monday 10 Dec when next pension payment is due.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    How old do you have to be to get this and what benefit do you have to be receiving?

My wife had hers last week and she is 75 and claims the highest rate of Attendance Allowance.
    I (70) get no disability benefits and lost our Pension Credit earlier this year.

• Yadnad
    weaver said:
    hi @Yadnad, I  think you should find all the information you need on website below as I just checked to see if I was entitled. However feel free to correct me anyone if I am wrong. ?
    https://www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus/eligibility
    Based on that info I should be getting it also and certainly since my 65th birthday in 2013.

Time for a strongly worded letter of complaint requesting the current payment and £50 to cover the past 5 years!

Thanks for the advice.
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    edited December 2018
    @Yadnad; Are you sure you haven't had it?  I can't believe you haven't checked all your accounts forensically.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Yadnad

Yes I received my £10 bonus on 11 /11/18.

Please please let me know if I can help you with anything???????
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Yes, I got mine last week, plus my winter fuel allowance a few days before that;

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• Yadnad
    edited December 2018
    Tardis said:
    @Yadnad; Are you sure you haven't had it?  I can't believe you haven't checked all your accounts forensically.
    Nope just been through the past 3 years worth of statements and it does not appear. I didn't give it a moment's notice assuming that the £10 my wife has been receiving was for both of us.
  • Tardis
    No, you should definitely be getting it yourself.  It wouldn't usually appear as a separate payment.  Just added on to a December payment.  I am surprised you've let that one slip through the net all this time!   
  • poppy123456
    Tardis said:
    No, you should definitely be getting it yourself.  It wouldn't usually appear as a separate payment.  Just added on to a December payment.  I am surprised you've let that one slip through the net all this time!   
    Mine is always paid separately and so was my daughters last year.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tardis
    I'm going to have to check now!  I was probably talking nonsense!
  • Yadnad
    Tardis said:
    Well if it was added to my PIP or the Pension Credit in previous years I would not have noticed. It's not such an amount that would stand out. But why then does my wife get hers paid separately?

• sam12
    I have to ring them about it
  • sam12
    Mad not getting my 10 quid i chase it up
  • poppy123456
    sam12 said:
    Mad not getting my 10 quid i chase it up
    It's only the 9th December and you could receive the £10 anytime in December.
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Two of my 3 has got theirs one over a week ago and the other yesterday and yes it paid separately from their DLA and Pip and I get a letter informing me it's their Christmas bonus 
  • Tardis
    I just checked ours.  Last year it was added to the normal payments of DLA and Carers.  This year my Carers payment is added on, but my younger child's PIP bonus came separately.  So, could be either way!
  • gerrys6
    gerrys6 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
    I just received my 10 pound bonus seperately and I don’t get my p I p until the 1 st jan 2019 don’t understand why it wasn’t added on top of that payment which I’m assuming I’ll get on the 31st my daughters d l a was added onto hers on 8 th December why was mine not how very baffling 
  • poppy123456
    gerrys6 said:
    I just received my 10 pound bonus seperately and I don’t get my p I p until the 1 st jan 2019 don’t understand why it wasn’t added on top of that payment which I’m assuming I’ll get on the 31st my daughters d l a was added onto hers on 8 th December why was mine not how very baffling 
    I wouldn't worry because you've received it now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.