Reasons to be cheerful
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Check you're happy with the email notifications you're receiving.
• Have a look at how the community will be changing its appearance.
• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Homelesness

rubyscoobyrubyscooby Member Posts: 2 Listener
Although I suffer from anxiety , depression and physical illness. I decided to get some stuff together for the homeless 
i advertised for any unwanted sleeping bags trainers clothes etc 
now I have a large van full ready to go to their new homes
there will be people sleeping in hopefully better sleeping bags , with new trainers and backpacks this Christmas, thanks to the generosity of people who live near me 

chuffed 
pam xx🎄🎄

Replies

• Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Thats a wonderful thing to do :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Gwendoline1Gwendoline1 Member Posts: 226 Pioneering
    Hiya rubyscooby,
    What a wonderful person you are.😀😀😀
  • SpibesSpibes Member Posts: 58 Courageous
    As a formerly homeless person in accommodation now it was kind brilliant people like you who helped me get hope again!

You do make a difference keep it up!
  • Reeneroo1980Reeneroo1980 Member Posts: 23 Connected
    Well done @rubyscooby

Its people like you that restores my faith in humanity xxx
  • crackercracker Member Posts: 323 Pioneering
    Hello. That is truly a gift coming from a warm heart,

I was homeless for a while, and no one helped. I know what it means to have someone care.

You are a very special person. Your warm heart overwhelms any anxiety condition you may have. Would that everyone were like you.
  • Tammyjane33Tammyjane33 Member, Community champion Posts: 484 Pioneering
    @rubyscooby what a great thing to do, and it's so rewarding isn't it! I also have given to the homeless around the city centre and helped out in community centres that offer hot food /drinks and a friendly face to people that live on the street with no fixed abode and have helped them fill out forms. I think its important that people put themselves in someone else's shoes and realise homelessness can happen to anyone. I find there is s alot of negative views/judgment  against people who live on the street that they are in to drugs and alcohol but that's not always the case and if they were who are we to judge. We are not in their situation. Even if you can't give money or offer anything it doesn't take alot to just simply talk to someone, and it Could brighten up their day 😊
  • Tammyjane33Tammyjane33 Member, Community champion Posts: 484 Pioneering
    @Spibes hi, congratulations on your success of getting accommodation. I wish you lots of happiness. I can only imagine how happy you are after experiencing living in the streets and I'm sure you are very grateful. :) 
Sign in or join us to comment.