UC fit note confusion — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC fit note confusion

fuzzy4u2
fuzzy4u2 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
I am on universal credit in the in the none work related activity group. This was awarded on 30th April 2018. I have just had to go over to everything on computer, and am now being asked for a fit note via my online journal. I thought that once in this group that even if waiting for a reassessment I would not need to send any in I am totally confused. It’s bad enough at 63 trying to do stuff online thank goodness for grandkids ??. Please can someone give me words of wisdom x

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @fuzzy4u2 Pleased to met you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry what you are going through. I am sure that some one from our team or a member of our community can advise.

I know you want the right information and support. Universal credit and the whole benefit system is very complex and confusing.

One suggestion I have is to speak to CAB your local Citizen's Advice.  I am like yourself get confused and bewildered my self.

Talking to CAB . Make an appointment and some one  talking to your face to face.  Easier to understand.

I use them for my benefit enquiries.  Form filling in and anything else.

We are a friendly community. Care and share.

Please ask if we can help and advise some one will know.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @fuzzy4u2

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you.

I am one off the “Community Champion’s” here on our site.

Please please let me try to help you in the 1st instant.

I have managed to find you some info on U/C

https://search.scope.org.uk/s/redirect?collection=scope-meta&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scope.org.uk%2Fsupport%2Fdisabled-people%2Fbenefits%2Funiversal-credit&index_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scope.org.uk%2Fsupport%2Fdisabled-people%2Fbenefits%2Funiversal-credit&auth=d%2FGft%2BWMR39qORzIzxYycA&profile=_default&rank=4&query=Universal+credit

Please please let me know if I can help you further as we still have got more info/advice available for you ????!?
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    fuzzy4u2,
    I'm really sorry this is happening to you. When you move to the fully digital universal credit system, they do ask for a lot of information again. You're quite right to say that it shouldn't be needed, but what I'd suggest you do for now, to protect your position, is provide the fit note if you can. If you can't, explain why (eg if you can't get to your GP or they are not prepared to provide one).

In any case, you should still tell the DWP, via your journal, that you're in the limited capability for work-related activity (LCWRA) group in UC, that decision is from 30th April 2018, and there's been no change since. If you can, scan/photo the letter about your LCWRA & attach it to your journal. 

So basically, best advice to make sure it all gets sorted is to provide the fit note whilst reminding them why you shouldn't have to! You could also consider complaining because you're right, they shouldn't need this all over again. If you can't provide the fit note, give as much info as possible to explain why, and in any case, keep reminding them that you already have a LCWRA decision within UC.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.