Hi, my name is Boo! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Boo!

Boo00
Boo00 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Any other deafies on here?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Boo00 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining.  I assume you mean community members who are deaf.  Hard of hearing.

Please have a look at our Talk about Specific conditions. Visual and Hearing impairments posts from community members.

Hope that helps.

Please also can I remind you to look at our Community guide and Community house rules.

I am sure that you need to show respect to members of our community . Who have deafness and hearing issues. I am one and do not like  being  called deafies.

Thank you..

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Boo00
    Boo00 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    That is what we call other deaf people at deaf club but ok I will take your comment on board
  • CaraLee
    CaraLee Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
    Welcome to the community @Boo00 it's nice to meet you! :) Thank you for respecting our fellow community members comment, terminology can be difficult as what one person may consider a term of endearment another may find offensive and can lead to misunderstanding, perhaps it is better to use medically 'official' terminology where possible....that being said there are many fellow members of the deaf community here to share your experiences, knowledge and advice with and reach out to with any enquirers you may have :) We look forward to hearing more from you!     
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Boo00   I have to tell you can not do that. Even at the club you belong to. I would take seriously offence to being called that. 

This a public forum and you have to be respectable to other members.

Who are using this forum. 

As I have to tell you that is a derogatory term. Under our Community house rules .

I have to report you.   I am one of the team of community champions who police the site. Inform new members of information, guidance, advice.

May I suggest you read what I have underlined in my post to you.

Thank you.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.