PIP award phone call — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP award phone call

Options
Spibes
Spibes Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
I rung to ask about progress of the assesors report and the advisor told me a decision has been posted yesterday and she could tell me the award on the phone and I was told I got enhanced daily living no mobility (didn't want mobility). She told me my backpay be paid on the 19th. Award for 3 years.

I'm in tears crying with happiness I really expected to fail and hoped I get standard daily living so this is a big plus I didn't think I qualify for mobility so I'm ecstatic with this. 

I like to thank everyone for their advice on here just in tears here I never get good news was homeless twice and I never thought I deserved any good luck or a break so I feel very emotional currently. 

I'll stay on here and help those I can I really appreciate this place and the kindness I've been shown here. 

Comments

• pink_princess
    pink_princess Community member Posts: 181 Pioneering
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi @Spibes

thats great news and anythime we are here to help it’s always nice when good news happens. 

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congrats!  You can relax.
  • Spibes
    Options
    Thank you I'm at such of peace of mind currently. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Options
  • Reeneroo1980
    Reeneroo1980 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Options
    Congratulations @Spibes that's fantastic news xx
  • jamiemak75
    jamiemak75 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    merry Christmas.  that is great news for you.  now stay on a high.  hope you apply for the car scheme.  brand new car free insurance and the whole lot. take full advantage of this scheme as your entitled .well done I'm made up for you 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2018
    Options
    merry Christmas.  that is great news for you.  now stay on a high.  hope you apply for the car scheme.  brand new car free insurance and the whole lot. take full advantage of this scheme as your entitled .well done I'm made up for you 
    You need to have the enhanced rate of mobility to have a Motability car. The poster didn't want the mobility part of PIP - they received only the care part.

As for the scheme itself, as PIP can change from award to award, there isn't the certainty of retaining the mobility award as compared to DLA.
    In the past 5 years I have had three mobility cars repossessed due to losing the award.

Much safer to buy your own car which can never be taken back.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yadnad said:

That's providing the person can afford this option, not many people can. especially if you're claiming benefits. Some don't have the option of finance either because claiming benefits it's difficult to get this. Those claiming Enhanced mobility may not have any other option but to take the mobility car, i know i didn't.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Spibes
    Options
    I should add I didn't aim for mobility as I do need someone to travel with me on my most anxious days but not all the time, I felt being fully honest was correct and now with enhanced daily living and the severe disability premium which I phoned esa about I'll be comfortable financially and have less stress overall. 

I only have the esa assessment to worry about whenever they send me a appointment for that (sent esa50 off in November) but even worst case I lose it and appeal I have this pip to fall back on. 

It's basically given me a lifeline now I've got therapy starting in January and autism group support with 12 people for 12 weeks so I'm hoping I can focus all my energy on getting better now. 

First time in 7 years I have actually been happy, I can have a good Christmas pay off my debts, treat those who were kind to me and move on with my life. Still can't believe it, but I really appreciate the folks on this forum who gave me advice and their best wishes. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yadnad said:

That's providing the person can afford this option, not many people can. especially if you're claiming benefits. Some don't have the option of finance either because claiming benefits it's difficult to get this. Those claiming Enhanced mobility may not have any other option but to take the mobility car, i know i didn't.
    I'm not saying that you are wrong in those circumstances, but after having had three Motability cars repossessed in the past 5 years I ended up not knowing from one day to the next if our transport would be on the drive in the morning.

If I had have had my own car then it would still be here no matter what games the DWP wanted to play. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.