Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

Options
Rubkin
Rubkin Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi trying to find info on I had to cancel my first appointment due to Servier back pain and knee pain and unable to get around, I had to go to my doctor by taxi now I have to see s spine specislist and an MRI on my knee, I ask for s home visit as the hosohosp is along day from where I live,so now I have just received another letter to go to them, but it looks like someone has spoken to a doctor before I had to go and see my doctor,so my two points are can I refuse a second appiappoint,and should I get a letter from my doctor to send to pip assessment.???? 

Comments

• ricky1040
    ricky1040 Community member Posts: 125 Pioneering
    Options
    As far as iv been made aware you have to send the letter from your doctor with the original application or at least have mentioned the need for a home visit in the application and very soon after follow up on it. Dunno if they alpow a home visit if its left to the point where you are now. However i think thats unfair to you. But its how they work. 
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Rubkin

A very warm welcome.

You need to be very careful, about your next PIP appointment.

As you have already missed one, if you fail to turn up for your next one, then your claim could be stopped.

As you have explained, that you are able to attend your GP, by using a taxi and that you have pending hospital appointments, again I assume that you will use taxis.

Might I suggest, that you phone the assessment provider, to request that you use a taxi to get you to the assessment for PIP.

You will have to pay the fare upfront, but get a claim form from the assessment
    centre and submit it, you will get paid a week or so later.

I would also suggest you get advice, from a welfare rights centre, like CAB.

Let us know, if you require any further assistance at this stage.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.