No bundle before ESA tribunal date — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No bundle before ESA tribunal date

11faerie1
11faerie1 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
Hi, would really like some advise. I put In my request for ESA tribunal as iv been put into wrag instead of support group. I contacted cab and they said as soon as iv received bundle  of papers to go back in to them  Iv just received date for tribunal on 6th January but I havnt been sent any papers. I suffer from depression and anxiety an this I cannot cope with. Would any one know why I hant received papers ?help would be much appreciated

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You should have received this quite some time ago. Contact HMCTS on Monday morning.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 11faerie1
    Yes I will.Thankyou. with xmas around corner theres very little time to get appointments at cab.Totally panicking.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,911 Disability Gamechanger
    How long have you been waiting for a date? Did you not realise earlier that you hadn't received the bundle? Do you have a representative? if so then they may have sent it to them?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ricky1040
    ricky1040 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    I imagine you can resolve this. Call the appeals service and explain the situation. They will advise the best course of action.
  • 11faerie1
    I returned a REG2 form which I received mid November asking did I want oral hearing.my appeal was received by appeals service mid October.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi 11faerie1,

You should contact the DWP urgently and ask for a copy of the bundle. You should also contact the tribunals service to enquire as to whether the judge has received the bundle, and ask them for a copy too. Normally the tribunals service wouldn't list a case if there was no bundle so I imagine they have it. 
    A tribunal should not go ahead, or should be adjourned if it does go ahead, if any of the parties involved in the appeal have not received all the relevant documents.
    I know it's stressful and chasing it up isn't going to do your anxiety any good, but your chances of winning your appeals shouldn't be disadvantaged by this.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• 11faerie1
    I rang ESA and they said they sent papers last month.must have got lost in post ..Tribunal service has them. I put a request in writing to delay date and explained situation. Sent it special delivery, so they had it next day and cant say they didn't receive it. Fingers crossed.
  • 11faerie1
    Well...I received my requested bundle which consists of 12 pages. Had to ring again and get a call back to request proper bundle.Looks like I'll have no representative now.CAB said to turn up at tribunal and explain and request different date....Can someone tell me is it normal for ESA to give ppl the runaround like this?... To stretch the stress and panic to a level were we give up?. 
  • 11faerie1
    Yep.got phone call from appeals office saying its postponed.Thankgod.Can relax a little for xmas.Thankyou for replies.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.