Assessment on Monday — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment on Monday

Firefly123
Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
My son got a letter today to say he has a work assessment on Monday no notice at all. Also I'm his appointee and have made it clear to them took the form when I first filled in his claim so should the letter not be sent to me 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Usually letters are sent to the appointee and not the claimant yes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Firefly123
    Yes I thought so thanks @poppy123456 . Do they also not need to give you more notice than two days. Will be lucky if I can get him there and will they then stop his money if he doesn't. 
  • Spibes
    Spibes Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    You're entitled to change the appointment once however as they sent it such short notice be hard to contact them is it in the morning or afternoon? 

Try your best to get him there if you can ring just before to rearrange the appointment try, it's worth a shot. 

What's the date on the letter? It's possible it took forever to arrive hence the short notice. 

Fingers crossed for you that they will let you rearrange. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Usually they do give you more notice than that yes but with the Christmas post it may have taken longer than usual to get to him/you.

If the appointment is Monday morning then you may have no option but to get him to attend. If he doesn't then his claim for LCW could end and they may find him fit for work for failing to attend so be careful of that one.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Firefly123
    It's at 10.30 the date on the letter is the 7 th so seems it did take a while to arrive.
    Thank you both for your replys 
  • Spibes
    Spibes Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Definitely attend, wish your son the best of luck. 

That is a outrageously short amount of notice though  
  • Firefly123
    Yes I will do my best to get him there and get it over with 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.