Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

pip/u credit

bevvy1966bevvy1966 Member Posts: 75 Connected
can u be on  universal credit and pip at the same time has working 22 hrs

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 18,542 Disability Gamechanger
    They're completely different benefits, so yes you can.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • bevvy1966bevvy1966 Member Posts: 75 Connected
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 18,542 Disability Gamechanger
    You asked about an ESA assessment the other day, are you claiming this or UC?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    im on uc at the momebt but I am on sick and they are sending me for an assesment to see if I can work..
    This is the work capability assessment for UC, not for ESA.
    whats the difference and I thought it wss all rolling into one.. And if not how can I claim esa rather than uc 
    You're confusing yourself with all these questions about the different benefits. You can't claim ESA now because you've claimed UC.
Sign in or join us to comment.